What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are placed and stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies perform a number of useful functions including: enabling a user to be recognized; improving a website’s security and the user experience. Cookies are either:
- (i) session specific, which means that they are deleted from your computer once the session and browser are closed; or
- (ii) permanent, meaning that they will remain resident on your computer until they are removed.
What cookies do our website use?
- Process – Process cookies help make a website function and deliver the services that the website visitor expects to receive, such as navigation, access to secure areas etc. These cookies are necessary and without them the website will not function properly.
- Preference – Preference cookies allow a website to remember a user’s preferences in relation to the website such as language, font size, currency, region etc. These cookies are not vital but enhance a user’s experience.
- Security – Security cookies are used to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, protect user data from unauthorised parties etc. These cookies are vital to several of ClimateSeed’ secure website.
- Analytics – Analytics cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how a user interacts with a website. This information may include: the number of users visiting the website, the pages a user visits the activity of the user on the website and how often the user returns.
Your choice with respect to cookies
As a default, most browsers are set to accept cookies. However, if you do not wish to consent to cookies being stored on your computer, you are able to block all or certain cookies by changing your browser settings. If you decide to block cookies you may find that you experience interruption or delays to your browsing experience and may be unable to use or access certain areas of a website. For details on what your browser offers and how to configure your browser according to your choices, please go to the “Help” menu or other dedicated section of your internet browser.
Please note: If your computer is used by more than one person or has multiple internet browsers, it is possible that some of your choices relating to cookies may not be permanent. This is because either:
- (i) you are using a different browser; or
- (ii) a third party has changed the settings of your browser. We are unable to control these factors and therefore cannot guarantee the permanence of the choices you make.
What monitoring technology do we use on our website?
Occasionally, we use monitoring technology to track and monitor your activities on our website. This monitoring technology does not monitor your activities on any other website. We may use monitoring technology to collect and store information about how you access and use our website, for example: when and for how long you accessed our website and what pages you browsed. Some of the information we collect is anonymous, statistical data, and some is information about your activities as an individual user. We monitor and track your activities in this way for a variety of purposes, including for compliance with our regulatory and legal obligations and to provide better services to you. The information we collect may be used for marketing purposes.
Your choice with respect to marketing
Queries and updates